Our Commitment to Protect your Privacy
We understand how important it is to protect your personal information. This document sets out our privacy commitment in respect of personal information we hold about you and what we do with that information.
Who we are
What Personal Information do we collect from you?
When we refer to personal information we mean any information that identifies, or is capable of identifying, a natural person. This includes, for example, your name, date of birth, address, contact details, occupation, insurance claims information, and lifestyle and health/medical information.
If you engage us to provide services to you, we may collect personal information about your financial situation or goals in order to recommend insurance products that we are permitted to advise on.
How we collect your personal information
We collect information from you in a number of ways when you request or use our products or services. For example, you might provide us with information:
- at application or claim time (including a digital form, for example);
- when you subscribe to any newsletter;
- when you participate in, surveys, competitions or promotions; or
- when you contact us (over the phone, through email, social media or letter), or visit our website; and
- when you provide personal information during conversations between you and us.
Where possible and practical to do so, we will collect personal information directly from you. We generally record inbound and outbound telephone calls for operational purposes such as complaint handling and reporting, quality assurance, and staff training.
We may also collect your personal information from:
- Product Providers (e.g. insurance we have arranged on your behalf, in order to answer your queries or assist you with your financial arrangements as your circumstances change).
- If applicable, the Product Providers may also periodically disclose your premium to us in connection with the payment of ongoing commission to us regarding your insurance; and
- any other person authorised by you or the Privacy Act.
Why we collect your personal information
We collect your personal information for the purposes of our and relevant third parties’ services and relationship with you, such as:
- responding to your requests or inquiries;
- providing services to you (e.g. to enable us to recommend products to you);
- sending communications and direct marketing to you about products and services we think may be of interest to you, in accordance with your marketing preferences (whether through mail, telephone or electronic means (including email and SMS/MMS);
- market research; and
- any other purpose authorised by you or the Privacy Act.
If you do not wish to receive marketing information, you may ‘opt out’ at any time by notifying us.
Disclosing your Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information to the following people if we consider it necessary to do so for the purpose described in section ‘Why we collect your personal information’:
- Product Providers and other prospective third parties or other intermediaries in relation to your insurance requirements (including any person with whom an insurer proposes to enter into contractual arrangements, any person who provides a guarantee or security and any trustee and any assignee or potential assignee of insurer’s rights);
- our referral partners who can help you with other services; contractors or service providers;
- third party services providers who assist and enable us to use the personal information, for example, our payment providers and marketing partners;
- any entity that has an interest in our business or any entity to whom we consider assigning or transferring any of our rights or obligations or selling all or part of our business;
- anyone who we are legally required or authorised to share your information with, including regulators and government agencies;
- to auditors to ensure we are providing services to you that are in your best interests, and in accordance with current regulations; and
- any other person or entity authorised by you or the Privacy Act.
We may also disclose information about someone whose activities could cause harm to themselves or others (e.g. fraud). Where possible and appropriate, we will notify you of this type of disclosure.
Do we disclose your personal information to anyone outside New Zealand?
We may use cloud storage to store the personal information we hold about you. The cloud storage and the IT servers may be located outside New Zealand.
With the exception of cloud storage, we may not disclose your personal information to overseas third parties unless the jurisdiction of that third party provides similar safeguard to those in the Privacy Act.
When you visit our websites, we may record general information about your visit and usage for statistical purposes, such as your IP address and what features you used. Some of this information is collected using cookies.
Cookies are small text files that your browser stores when you visit websites. They enable us to provide Services to you, and help us understand how online visitors use our websites. Cookies do not identify you personally but do identify your computer.
While our cookies do not collect personal information, if you submit your name and email address as part of your usage, then we will link that personal information with the cookies information that we have previously collected from you.
Most web browsers are set to accept Cookies.
You can decide not to accept cookies through your browser settings however, this may affect your ability to use some of the products or services on our website.
Third Party Analytics Tools
We use systems such as Google Analytics, Hotjar, Crazy Frog or similar on our website to measure anonymised site activity for the purposes of improving our services. We use other tools in order to promote Insure Me and our services and optimise user experiences. Including but not limited to Google’s Remarketing feature, Facebook’s Remarketing feature, Survey Monkey, or similar.
As our website is linked to the internet, and the internet is inherently insecure, we cannot provide any assurance regarding the security of transmission of information you communicate to us online. We also cannot guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted over the internet.
We understand the importance of protecting the personal information we hold about you. Personal information is held only for as long as necessary to achieve the purpose we collected if for and in all cases for such periods as we are required to in order to comply with any relevant legislation or regulations.
- securing personal information both in physical and electronic form;
- limiting access to personal information only to those that need access to it for the purpose of providing you with our services; and
- protecting our systems with appropriate technology solutions.
While we cannot ensure or guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration of personal information will not occur, we use our best efforts to prevent this.
In the event of an unauthorised privacy breach in relation to your Personal Information where it is reasonable to believe that such breach has caused or is likely to cause serious harm, we are required to report the breach to the relevant authority as soon as possible. In such circumstances, we will also notify you by e-mail or mail. We will give you notice as soon as possible, so that you and we may take appropriate action to protect your Personal Information.
Links and third party advertisements
Our website may contain links to other websites operated by third parties. Our website may also display advertisements, which are hosted by third parties.
We make no representations or warranties in relation to the privacy practices of any third party website or advertisement providers and we are not responsible for other privacy policies or the content of any third party website or advertisements. Third party websites are responsible for informing you about their own privacy practices.
Are you required to provide personal information to us?
You are not required to provide any personal information to us but if you choose not to it might affect our ability to provide services to you and your ability to obtain insurance and other products from Product Providers.
In most circumstances it will be necessary for us to identify you in order to successfully do business with you. However, where it is lawful and practicable to do so, we will offer you the opportunity of doing business with us without providing us with personal information, for example, if you make general inquiries about promotional offers.
You may choose to interact with our website anonymously, but we will not be able to contact you unless you provide your personal information.
Access and correction to your personal information
The Privacy Act gives you the right to access and correct personal information held by us. Please contact Insure Me if you:
- would like to access or revise your personal information; or
- believe that the information we currently have on record is incorrect or incomplete.
Generally, we will send you electronic copies of any information we provide to you. We may charge you reasonable expenses for costs incurred in accessing your personal information (including searching and copying costs).
Getting in Touch
0800 89 467 89, firstname.lastname@example.org or write us a letter (address to: Risk Manager – Insure Me, PO Box 1790, Shortland Street, Auckland 1140).